Join us for a three-hour virtual workshop to explore the science of the power grid!
During this virtual workshop, educators will learn the foundations of energy and the how the power grid works. We will discuss the history of the power grid and the role of different forms of power in producing energy, as well as the consequences for the future of energy generation in the U.S. We will also introduce activities for the classroom that engage students in dynamic, hands-on energy-based learning.
All teachers who pre-register will receive a $100 kit before the 3 hour virtual training and we will go through how to use these materials in the classroom.
This workshop has self guided and in-person components.
Some things to know:
- This workshop and the materials used are geared towards middle school and high school teachers.
- No prior knowledge on the power grid is required.
- You will need a stable internet connection and dedicated space in which to work.
- We will ship you a box of material 4-7 days before the workshop.
- Preservice and retired teachers are welcome!
Use discount code CREATEWK2024 to reduce the registration cost to $10.
Register by March 6th to receive materials prior to the workshop.