Capital District Challenge
Regional Challenge / In-Person Event / Wind / KidWind Generator Division, Open Generator Division, Homebuild Generator Division
This is an in-person event with two divisions: 4-8 Middle School and 9-12 High School divisions. This year each turbine will be wind tunnel tested twice. New this year the teams will present their designs and research to a panel of judges.
- The wind tunnel is 48 Sq. inches.
- The wind is pulled through the tunnel at about 3.5 m/sec.
- Each tunnel test will be about 1 minute in length with best score counting.
- Both student-made and KidWind generators maybe used.
- Maximum Sweep area is 47 inches.
- Only one electrical producing generator may be used for power measurement.
The KidWind Challenge will be held on March 18th, 2023. In the event of inclement weather, the snow day will be March 25th, 2023.